Re: DPO'd again.....

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: DPO'd again.....
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:40:25 -0800
>Florrie & Allen Bachelder suggested:
>
>>Why buy a remote starter switch? Just pull the brown/white lead off the
>>starter relay and touch it to any hot terminal on the fuse box.
>>
>>Allen
>>
>Ouch! You *are* kidding, aren't you?
>
>> ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com> wrote:
>>>
>No - why should I be kidding?  I do this all the time and have for many
>years on many MGBs.  I restrained myself on this response because I figured
>somebody else would - and finally responded when itseemed nobody else was
>going to mention it.  To refine my response, I remove the fuse cover and
>touch the B/W wire spade end (pulled from the relay) and touch it to the
>rearward bottom fuse clamp (the B/W wire won't reach the other end of the
>fuse anyway).

Oh well... you learn something new every day. I suppose that's safe
enough when you don't have any "computer chips" in the circuit. My
(admittedly primitive and unenlightened) instinct is "sparks = scarey"...
I think I'll stick to the socket method until I find my remote starter
switch.

BTW, how did you do that trick where your reply to the list on this
subject seemed to be coming from me? (see below)

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB