Re: gearbox disgust

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gearbox disgust
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 14:47:48 -0500 (EST)
>I think that this has gone far enough.
>May we just drop the personal insults and keep the topic
>to helping everyone enjoy their MG a little bit more?
>I continue to learn daily from the postings on this list.
>We all benefit because we share information openly with each others
>as equals due to our common interest with respect for each lister
>regardless of our individual differences.
>I appreciate this list, let's continue to support the integrity of the list
>and
>the listers who contribute in a positive manner.
>Thanks in advance,
>Harry

Harry,

You're right, of course, I should not have replied to Mr. Racine's comments
in anger, or I should have replied directly to him. And I shouldn't assume
that he's like the people of Quebec that I'm most familiar with from
growing up in close proximity to that region: It's sort of like assuming
things about women, or about Americans and their "Big Mac" culture (I hope
that's what Pierre meant by Bib Mac, if I'm missing something let me know).

This list has been very helpful to me; before the internet, it was much
harder to find parts and good technical advice for any make of car. But I
would like to point out, civilly, to those who think women aren't good
MG'ers, that there is no way to know the driving talents of *anybody* on
the list, unless you know them personally, and that the women on this list
do not just drive their MG's, but work on them as well. I know Nory knows
her cars, and Denise probably has forgotten more about these cars than I'll
ever know.

I'm shutting up now...

Nevin