Re: Surprise Guest

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Surprise Guest
From: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 18:08:11 -0500
Ohhh...  You mean a Tarantula.  I had no idea what a Wolf Spider was, although
is sounded mean.
Glad it wasn't on my steering wheel.  How do you folks work on cars in areas
where there are deadly
spiders?  I stick my hands in the strangest (read darkest) places when working
on the cars.  Easy
prey for a spider or other deadly animal (like scorpions).

I can read the orbituary now -> "Insisted on working on his cars himself.  The
SO felt avenged."

Mike.....

The following is Bookshelf 98

"Tarantula, name applied to a species of European wolf spider (see Spider),
whose bite is not
dangerous. The name is generally applied in the United States to the so-called
American tarantulas.
These are large, hairy spiders occurring in the southwestern United States,
Central America, South
America, and other New World tropical regions. They feed on insects and a
variety of small animals.
A large species of this group has a bite that is painful but never, so far as
accurate records show,
fatal to humans.

Scientific classification: Tarantulas belong to the order Araneae. The European
wolf spider belongs
to the family Lycosidae. It is classified as  Lycosa tarentula. American
tarantulas belong to the
family Theraphosidae. One large species of this group is classified as
Eurypelma californica.

Encarta® 98 Desk Encyclopedia © &  1996-97 Microsoft Corporation.
All rights reserved.