RE: THE GREAT "GAS OUT"(off topic again...)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: THE GREAT "GAS OUT"(off topic again...)
From: "Mike Venables" <mikevenables@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 00:06:55 PST
I thought the US had one of the lowest gas prices in the world
(confirmed by friends who have been there).  Most of our price in SAf is
made up with taxes that are used for who knows what.  Our fuel price is
regulated by the government, who have just announced that we will get an
additional tax of 4c this year.  Of course, the weakness of the Rand
doesn't help matters.

The oil companies complain that their margins are not that great, the
gas station owners also hve to pump alot of litres/gallons to stay
profitable.

Mike