MGB Battery box framework, one more time.

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Battery box framework, one more time.
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@cwix.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 08:28:33 -0700
I sent this to the list last Sunday, four minutes later Skye changed the
subject (that's OK Skye) and away we went talking about plastic inserts in
the battery box wells.  I did receive one "private" response indicating that
if the battery box framework was structural, his car was certainly going to
fall apart because of the rusty state they were in.

So here we go again:

Does the battery box framework on a 1967 MGB provide structural integrity to
the unibody?

I have no batteries in mine, and they just get in the way of rear end ratio
changes.  I'm "itchin" to take my Sawsall to them.

Any comments?

Larry Hoy
http://home.cwix.com/~larryhoy@cwix.com/