Steering wheel fix??? and W/Shield clarification

To: "Mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering wheel fix??? and W/Shield clarification
From: "BMack" <bmack99@home.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 15:01:59 -0700
Hi again listers.....

Took the s/wheel off my '73 B rdstr (it has 3 chrome spokes with the
elongated holes down them.

First - The spoungy rubber has a 1/4 x 2 in chunk missing has anyone tried
to fill this, and with what?

Second - the spokes were rusty, sos got that off, but there is still
imperfections, it looks like this is a plated steel so I am leery about
taking the 1500 wet and a buffer to it...

Last - trying to remove the w/shield, I've read in the archives it can be
done without removing/loosening the dash, but for the nut closest to the
cockpit there is NO room of a wrench! Any help would be appreciated!!!

Bryce Mack
'65 BJ-8
'57 TR-3
'73 B Roadster