RE: Steering wheel fix??? and W/Shield clarification

To: "Mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Steering wheel fix??? and W/Shield clarification
From: "BMack" <bmack99@home.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 09:10:37 -0700
Andy,

Thank you for your response, the w/shield is now off! You are correct you
can only get "just barely" a wrench in between the dash and the bolt. I was
able to work it out about 3/4" and then found it difficult to get back on
the head, especially as the washer keeps sliding down obstructing getting
the wrench on the bolt. I finally resorted to needle nose vice grips loosely
gripping the viewable threads and turned the 2 bolts out the rest of the way
that way. The threads are fine! That was yesterday!

Today the fender came off and I did the repair work to fix the DPO's run in
with a taxi, refitted the new (used) ft fender and installed the new (used)
hood (bonnet). Tomorrow I should have the rest of the bodywork done. I will
then remove the freshly installed fender for walnut stripping and put my mig
to work repairing the rusty sill. Got the paint today, Carmine red! Should
look nice. I'll wait for the weekend to do that.

All sounds good but my customer with the TR-3 in for, sills rockers and
floors has a body sitting in 2 pieces waiting for me to finish my driver!!!

As to the steering wheel, I was sent a URL for a fellow Canadian restoring ,
I think a '76 take a look!! This may be the answer!!!
http://www.dynamic-sales.com/mgb/wheel.htm

Thank you for your interest and good luck on your project!

Bryce Mack
Vancouver, BC Canada
'57 TR-3
'65 Austin Healey 3000 BJ-8
'73 B Roadster (Soon to be the 2nd family car)