Re: dirty gauges

To: GMGoodman@aol.com
Subject: Re: dirty gauges
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 21:38:49
At 10:26 PM 4/4/99 EDT, Jerry (GMGoodman@aol.com) wrote:
>I have a haze on the inside of the glass lense of my Smith gauges. ....
How do I remove the glass---I'm hoping its not that I have to remove the
gauges. ....

Reach up behind the dash with one hand and loosen the knurled nut(s)
holding the gauge clamp bracket.  Push the gauge forward enough to break
the face seal away from the dash surface.  Then, while holding the back of
the gauge with one hand, rotate the trim ring on the front about 30 degrees
to release the trim ring tab hooks from the castellated edge of the
housing.  Now if you have miniature hands and bionic fingers you just might
succeed at this effort (maybe).  With all due respect there is no intention
here of offending midgets or paraplegics, although for this exercise it
might help to be the former but not the latter.

Regards,

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg