Re: torque settings MG was WooHoo - sort of. <G>

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@cwix.com>
Subject: Re: torque settings MG was WooHoo - sort of. <G>
From: Harlan Jillson <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 20:39:50 -0500
Larry,
   You are correct in that the torque will not be accurate.  It will be off by
the ratio of the length of the torgue wrench to the lenght of the offset
between the square hole in the crows foot to the center of the wrench area +
the length of the torque wrench.  Most likely this would be something like 15"
to (15 +1)" or  about 1.06 to 1.  So for a torque setting of 22 ft/lbs you'd
end up with  23.6 ft/lbs or there abouts.  Anyway it would be off, but you'd be
within a couple of ft/lbs.
Harlan.