Re: Distributors

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Distributors
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 10:33:46 -0600
The caps are interchangeable (or so the local British car parts distributer
tells me). The original cap does use the screw in connection. The push in
type provides a better connection plus it provides a better seal from
moisture. So all in all, the newer cap provides good improvements. The
spike that screws into the wire gives you that nice original but primitive
feature that comes with the earlier MGB.

I will be sticking with the original for that reason. Perhaps if I lived in
a high moisture or high humidity region, the change would have more appeal.
But then I'll probably also stick with the oil filter canister too even
when it leaks or makes a hell of a mess.

David
67 BGT