RE: Distributors

To: "'Skye Poier'" <skye@ffwd.com>,
Subject: RE: Distributors
From: "Kulka, Matt" <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 11:31:27 -0400
Skye,

  When the 25D distributor on my '74 B turned out to be trash, I searched
high and low for a new or rebuilt replacement without any luck at all.  (The
vacuum advance is not available, nor are the centrifugal advance springs.)
The current wisdom is to use the 45D as replacement.  Brit-Tek sold me a 45D
with the mystical 'Eurospec' advance curve.  It was a drop-in replacement.

  So many things were shot on my motor before I rebuilt it, I have no
previous experience to know if the curve is better than the original or not.
For better or worse, I have the vacuum advance connected to a manifold port.
I don't have a ported vacuum source on my carbs, nor have I tried it with
the vacuum advance completely disconnected.  I can say that even with the
badly worn carbs I have, the car runs adequately, although I still avoid
drag races with minivans.

Matt Kulka
Huntersville, NC
'74 B