Really Stupid

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Really Stupid
From: "Simon Matthews" <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 15:04:45 PDT
While there are comments about loss via USPS, I thought I would add my
recent experience.

I live in CA, yet have some savings accounts (paying pitiful rates of
interest at the moment). So, in order to complete my tax return, I
mailed these off to my wife's parents, who duly got the books updated.

The books were then sent back by registered (certified) mail. The
books arrived at SF Airport on March 15 (UK Post Office has a record
of this). Since then, neither the USPS or UK Post Office knows where
they are.

What is the point of certified mail, if it gets lost and no-one can
tell me how or where?

Simon