Re: VIR Racetrack

To: H4aardvrk@aol.com, dhw@pinehurst.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VIR Racetrack
From: EricSsmc@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 21:42:06 EDT
Howard,
I would have loved to have been there and seen and heard that.  The guy who
laid the track out had some hardcore racing in mind with Oaktree Turn, and
the downhill S's by the pig pen and all.  I mean, run off the track and take
a 4 to 5 foot drop!  Real track, real cars, real drivers.  That's what it was
all about.  It boggles my mind to be standing on the track and think of all
the big name drivers and cars that passed across that pavement.  Then I drove
my MGB across that same pavement, although not quite as fast, and not quite
as squirrelly.  Next time I see it, it may be repaved, and it is reportedly
going be wider as well.  Let's watch and see what happens.

Incidentally, got any pictures from VIR?  I'd love to see them or maybe even
get some copies!

Eric