Re: Speedo Question

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speedo Question
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 10:42:08 -0700
Steve Conley had this to say:

>I have a '76 B w/non OD and non-functioning speedo due to right angle drive.
>Someone told me there is a way to do away with the right angle drive and
>attach the speedo cable directly to the tranny. Checked the list archive and
>didn't see anything. Also, can I get a longer cable and do away with the
>emissions counter box?

Yes, get the longer (OD) speedo cable and eliminate the right-angle
drive. The end of the cable fits where the drive used to be. Make sure
the excess length isn't dangling where it will get caught on something.

I have no idea what you mean by an "emissions counter box". Presumably
because I am only familiar with chrome-bumper cars. Anyone?

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149