RUST?? NOOOOoooo!!!!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RUST?? NOOOOoooo!!!!
From: parkerw@juno.com
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:10:59 EDT
Hi everyone,
        Bad news.  While attempting to remove the rear fenders (did they
really need to hold it on with that many fasteners?) I found that the DPO
hadn't repaired the rusty sills of my MGA, he had just put some metal and
some bondo over them!!!  The question is.... how does the rear fender
come off?  I've taken off all the large bolts that hold it onto the rear
of the car, but I'm having trouble where it attaches to the door.  The
manual says there are 3 screws where the door closes, of which I got two
out,  and two more in some other unclear place.  The problem is, its
still on pretty solid.  The back part is loose but the front shows no
sign of coming off.
        Also at the rate of 2 hours a day for three days during the week,
and 5 hours a day on Saturday and Sunday, how long do you think it would
take to take off the fenders and doors, have the bodyshop strip, smooth,
and paint the whole car, and then me put every thing back together again.
 The exterior is now completely dismanted except those !@#$%& fenders and
doors.  Just curious if I should get another MG for use during this
resto. time.

Thanks much,

Parker J. Whiteway
57 MGA roadster
  and there's a "complete 75 midget with good body" in our club
newsletter for $700 obo. hmm....