Re: Interesting cap for open cars

To: "mglist" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting cap for open cars
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 17:55:05 -0700
I had to give up wearing my hair long since it kept escaping from under
my cap and whipping me in the face. The general direction of cockpit
turbulence seems to be from back to front, with the occasional high
front-to-back gust which attempts to remove one's cap (not to mention
swirls and eddies worthy of Candlestick Park). I have to tighten the
baseball cap strap until it leaves a red stripe on my forehead in order
to keep it aboard. My Kangol cap looks more appropriately vintage and
stylish but alas! doesn't have enough volume in the upper compartment to
keep the hair in and still pull down tight (you have noticed no doubt how
LBC drivers have big heads). A skillfully-tied bandanna is more
aerodynamically stable if one doesn't mind looking like a biker. I always
thought the flying helmet would be the most practical headgear as long as
one maintained a sense of humor (or one's SO maintained a sense of
humor). Goggles would help as well since one can't wear wraparound shades
after dark.

All in all, driving slow seems to be the best solution. In that, Midget
drivers have the advantage of us...

;-)    Safety slow?

David Lynes had this to say:

--