Re: MGB wheel sizes

To: James <James@LWSD.com>
Subject: Re: MGB wheel sizes
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:24:24 -0700
Word on the street is that James said:
> I'm shopping for some nifty non-stock wheels for my '74 MGB, and of course
> I'm discovering that non of the retailers or online sellers have listings
> for MGBs. Rather than going through the tedious exercise of asking each and
> every one of them to figure out what they have that will fit a 'B, can
> anyone tell me if there are one or more recent car models whose wheels are
> an exact fit for the MGB? In other words, for example if a Honda Civic
> wheel fit perfectly on a 'B, I could just pretend that I was shopping for
> wheels for a Civic, and read the ads like a normal (i.e. boring ;-) citzen.

One of the more common cars that have the same bolt pattern (4x4.5) and
offset(?) is the Datsun 240Z.  I don't have any direct experience so I
would try a wheel on the car before buying a whole set.

Skye

--
1966 MGB        The MGB Experience         __,__\__      Safety Fast!
GHN3L-70307     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     MGOFR 1.375