Re: towing - dropping drive shaft?

To: Joe Short <buster_balz@operamail.com>
Subject: Re: towing - dropping drive shaft?
From: Carl Elliott <grunt2@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 19:30:38 -0400
When we tow large Vehicles we pull the rear axels, The trannys turn while being
towed heating the fluids, With the engine not running the coolers are not
effective, You stand the chance of a fire, as the fluid over heats.
This is almost always with auto trans Vehicles, But we do it with standard shift
also just being safe. Carl E. Undo drive shaft at rear end or remove
alltogeather
foe safety.