Re: what is a crowsfoot wrench?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: what is a crowsfoot wrench?
From: "Mike Venables" <mikevenables@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 01:21:37 PDT
Michael Jose wrote ...
<<<My new B is overheating like a crazy car.....  After the temp. is
up for a while, the oil gauge also starts to drop.>>>

The oil pressure will drop as the temperature increases - the oil is
getting thinner, hence the dropping gauge.

<<< I have checked the hoses, and replaced the radiator to overflow
hose, because it was leaking- topped off the coolant, etc.  The top
radiator hose gets hot, so the thermostat is opening.  What else
could I be missing?  The fans work, too. (this is a '79)
Please help!!!!
Mike Jose
Phoenix, AZ (it hit 97 today and will probably keep going!) >>>

It might not be a bad idea to replace the thermostat as it does
deteriate over time.  It might not be opening fully or at the correct
temperature.  My B had over heating problems similar to those you've
described.  If the thermostat is not it, you might find that your
radiator is blocked.  A good flush might do it but I had to strip
mine.  After a new thermostat and rebuilt rad, I can even sit in
heavy traffic for some time before the gauge starts climing (no elec
fan).

Good luck
Mike