Re: what is a crowsfoot wrench?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: what is a crowsfoot wrench?
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 17:16:20 -0400 (EDT)
>In a message dated 4/20/99 7:23:21 AM SA Eastern Standard Time,
>dresden@tiac.net writes:
>The following reply is in accordance with the regulations put forth by the
>bandwith police

Rick,

I know what a flarenut wrench is; I have some...I just couldn't remember
what they are called. My memory is going, I'll be an old fart in no time.
And for the earlier poster who wanted to know the difference between a box
end and flarenut wrench for bleeder screws, unless you have a six sided box
end (and I don't), it's the same as the difference between a six point and
a twelve point socket, or almost the same. The flare nut wrench is less
likely to round it off than either the twelve-point box or the regular
open-end. And sometimes it's hard to get a socket on a bleeder screw,
especially if you don't have deep six-point sockets. And right again, I
don't (and yes, I should buy some). Most of the cars I've owned have been
rustbuckets with ten previous owners, and bleeder screws and I have never
gotten along. Torch, vice grips, and new screws always seems to work,
though.

Nevin