Re: Distributor Vaccuum

To: "Dennis Berman" <dberman@nortelnetworks.com>, <lahla@wolfenet.com>,
Subject: Re: Distributor Vaccuum
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 07:19:21 -0700
Dennis...........

You're right about where the vacuum line goes, but wrong about the intended
purpose of that "box".

It is there to allow the distributor to receive vacuum only when the car is
in 4th gear. There's a switch on the gearbox which sends current to the
"box" when 4th is engaged. This opens a valve in the "box" which connects
the vacuum line from the distributor to the other line, which goes to a Tee
fitting in the short pipe between the gulp valve and the manifold.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center