Re: Distributor Vaccuum

To: Lawrie Alexander <Lawrie@britcars.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Distributor Vaccuum
From: Tom McLaughlin <tmcl98@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 10:09:18 -0700 (PDT)
Lawrie,

I've been reading about setting timing as I'm going to try it for the
first time this weekend.  The manuals I have read say to disconnect the
vacuum line and plug it to disable the vacuum advance when setting the
timing.  Is this necessary???  The below statement says to me that it
is not.......unless you are setting the timing while driving down the
road in 4th gear :-) hehe.  Seriously, please advise.

Tom
77B