Re: 70 MGB GT - Heater Control Knobs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 70 MGB GT - Heater Control Knobs
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 10:51:21 -0600
Listers,

I would say the answer to this would be a good salvage yard. Although Gary
and I both live in the biggest city in Montana, we don't have a nearby
junkyard with numerous MGs to plunder parts from.

For those of you with a good memory, you may recall that my 67 BGT now
sports an overrider with license plate light hole (the other overrider is
being returned to the Proper MG as an exchange for one that fits). Part of
my problem is that none of my catalogs even show the license plate light
assembly so my next source would be a good junkyard, or have unsightly
holes in my overriders.

So I ask for recommendations on a good source of used parts. If I had kept
in contact with some good junkyards I would have got my overriders from
them as Denise suggested.

I had heard previously (many months ago)that a resurrected Scotland Yard
equivalent in Denver was in the works. They were one of my previous sources.
That may be our closest source if anyone has an update - either way we
would have to buy sight unseen, mail delivery, so a reliable, inexpensive
source of used parts would be appreciated.

Which means any help would be appreciated. LBCs are scarce here in Montana
so any junkyard leads will keep the spirit alive here.

David
67 BGT - restoring
71 BGT - not pretty, but a great runner

>Greetings . . .
>
>What is it with heater control knobs?  I have communicated with two
listers about purchasing used original heater control knobs for my 70 GT to
the point of agreeing on prices, method of payment, and exchanging
addresses but it ends there.  I haven't received them and they won't talk
back to me anymore through the list about their status.  No money has been
exchanged.

>I ordered knobs from Moss but they were of Chinese origin, didn't fit
correctly, and basically don't work.  I understand these knobs are not big
ticket items, but I've given away bits that have much more value.  Am I
doing something wrong here?

>Anybody else out there have some original knobs they would be willing to
part with?  I need both heat control and heater/demister knobs.