Re: Thermostat Differences and dumb things

To: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Thermostat Differences and dumb things
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 12:41:23 -0700
To my way of thinking, a 160 thermostat makes no sense at all. The car
isn't going to run that cold under any normal conditions, so it'll be
open all the time anyway. Might as well not have one. If it did run that
cold by some fluke, it would actually contribute to inefficient
combustion (too low an operating temperature). So you were right with the
180.

For reference, my 66 B runs dead on 190 (according to the gauge, FWIW),
unless idling motionless on a hot day (200-210+) or driving home from
Giants night games (150-170, kinda makes the heater useless).

Glad you got out of that "sticky wicket" OK. Watch out for the open carb
throats as well...

Michael Graziano had this to say:

--

Max Heim