Re: Help, My Seat's too High!

To: hoops@owt.com
Subject: Re: Help, My Seat's too High!
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 20:54:41 EDT
On Sun, 2 May 1999 10:25:14 -0700 "Lonn Howard" <hoops@owt.com> writes:
>My problem exactly!  I just completed an interior restoration and
>recently sat in our new BGT for the first time.  My wife is 5'4" and
>even she has difficulty with the seat/leg-room/steering-wheel
>equation.
>Let us know how you fix this problem.  I was/am considering a new
>steering wheel that is smaller in diameter 'cuz I've never even sat in
>B before and didn't know what it should feel like. I thought it odd
>that
>it should be so tight.  I'll hold off for a while.
>Lonn Howard
>'70 TR6  -mine
>'71 TR6  -in my garage
>'70 MGB GT  -ours
>'89 Saab Turbo Convertible  -hers
>
>"We are but temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."

Not sure about this at all - my first reaction was to think "how would
Bob Allen answer this one" - hehehe - we miss your vitriol Bob - are you
out there??
I have done quite a few interiors in the ast few years - three of my own
and three for friends and i havnt come across this problem so far - the
only difference that i can think of is that in all of them i have used
canvas instead of the diaphragms or webbing and on two of them (a 68 and
my own 69) i shaved about 1/2-3/4" off the bottom of the seat foams
because they were just too thick.
Grant make a nice "signature" woodrim 13" wheel for about sixty bucks at
autozone..... its the only fix i can think of!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
53 Riley