Help, My Seat's too High!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Help, My Seat's too High!
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 13:08:43 EDT
I just got done re-doing the driver's seat on my 71 B. I used parts from
Moss: foams, diaphragm, and seat upholstery kit. I used a diaphragm instead
of webbing because the original seat had a diaphragm. Now my seat is TOO
HIGH! My legs are pressing against the steering wheel. I can't drive the car
this way! Before the renovation, I had a very comfortable fit. I'm only 5'8"
so it's not my physique that's the problem. The new parts don't look that
much different. But, I noticed the new foam is stiffer. Also the new
diaphragm is way, way, way tighter than the original one. It seems more like
plastic than rubber and does not want to stretch. The little embedded metal
bars that the hooks attach to bent into V's under the strain. Has anybody
else run into this problem? Does Moss have a Email address?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336