Re: Carbs

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carbs
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 01:41:18 EDT
In a message dated 5/2/99 11:22:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time, WSpohn4@aol.com
writes:

<< ust my experience with this stuff. But then I'm clearly a maniac - I once
 built a TR engine with 4 H4 SUs instead of Webers, just to see what would
 happen. Also had one running with SU DU6s, a double barrelled carb that I'd
 wager none of you have ever seen in the flesh, unless you have been looking
 at a Cooper Climax at Laguna, or some such. Should have kept those carbs to
 hang on the wall, I suppose.

Bill,
      I totally agree with you concerning the PROPER jetting and tuning of
any carb set-up. There is a VAST difference between a running setup and a
tuned setup. And, if one could come across a set of adjustable z-s carbs,
they would have a very streetable engine with very good power output..I would
trade a dgv for a tunable z-s.yes sir!
yours, H4(Howard)....and we need to see apict of that su-du6!..I bet it makes
great power and flows LOTS of air!