RE: Supercharger/Blowing

To: Rob Geskey <rob_geskey@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Supercharger/Blowing
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 11:32:30 -0700
Rob:

        Make sure you check out the clearance at the back of the head needed
by the Judson.  If I remember correctly the kit we had at Scotland Yard
stuck out and had clearance problems with the MGB heater box.  The A had
more clearance.  The only other problem we foresaw was the weirdo carb. that
came with the Judson kit.  Finding correct jetting for the larger engine was
going to be interesting.

        In answer to other comments.  The Eaton supercharger must have some
redeeming qualities as Mercedes, Jaguar and Aston Martin among others are
using it.  Sizing is no problem as Moss is getting very good results on a
1.6L application.  There are some mockups here for mounting one on a T
series and some wishful thinking about fitting one to a B.  Unfortunately
demand vs cost does not look real good, so wishing is as far as anything has
gotten.  A kit for a B is only likely if a suitable fuel injection and knock
protection system were put together.  Unfortunately that detracts from the
appeal to vintage purists and restricts the market.

        When I have my street MGB knocked together, I'll no doubt be out in
the shop playing with the bits to see what could be done.

        What I would dearly love is the Judson set-up to put on my 58
Magnette.

Kelvin.