RE: Seat Belt Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Seat Belt Question
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 21:06:48 GMT
>Best advice on a life-safety piece of equipment is to replace them, do not
>try to repair them.  The seat belt manufacturer Kangol had a recall several
>years ago, due to the fact that some would not extend after retracting, and
>some would not lock in a crash!!
>
>My TR7 did the later.  Check the manufact. of your belts-you may be eligible
>for FREE brand new replacement belts (like I got!)
>
>Perry

You actually GOT them!? It's Triumph favoritism, I say! (Not that I don't
like TR's, but I own an MG now...). I sent them a letter about six months
ago, heard absolutely nothing yet. I suspect they would rather not deal
with it, except that Kangoi is the recalling company, and Rover/Jaguar (or
whoever has it now) is probably getting paid a handling fee for every pair
of belts they send out...who else has gotten them, and where did you
send/call?