Re: Group 26 Battery

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Group 26 Battery
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 13:53:12 -0700 (PDT) (20:53 UT)
Beware:  Not all group-26 batteries are created equal.  I got a battery
at Pep Boys, and they foisted off their most expensive battery on me
despite the fact that I asked for a cheap one.  It wouldn't fit.  It
had a sort of stabilizing collar around the top that was part of the case.
I took it back in (battery swap in the parking lot!) and suddenly they
were able to come up with a cheaper battery.  This one had a lip at the
bottom sides that kept it from fitting well, but I could hacksaw this one
off, so I took it.  I drove home with the battery half in the bay...

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*