Re: Purchase From List Member ;(

To: <mgrazian@ltcm.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Purchase From List Member ;(
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 11:35:16 -0400
I had been hesitant to get involved in this discussion. But here is my
experience. Last fall I moved to a new apt and found out that I would
have to use the Midget as a daily driver. I needed 2 things in the worst
way to make sure I had a reliable car. 1) a new tranny (mine's synchros
are going - going - gone) 2) A good set of wheels. I bought both from
list members. The tranny showed up in reasonable time and condition.
Thank you very much! I still need to rebuild it, but I knew that when I
bought it.
The wheels I got fom a lister on the westcoast of Canada. I sent a couple
of checks (split the total so I wouldn't break myself at the holidays).
As well as expensive shipping charges.  They arrived at my home while on
my self imposed exile at the end of Feb. I got home and to much
anticipation opened the boxes only to find that three of the wheels had
buggered up hubs. (and they are Spit wheels - which will not fit a Midget
- but that is irrelevant to this discussion). I emailed the party in
question and received an immediate response that he was out of town and I
could expect a reply on Wed. That was on March 6. (and most of you also
know what happened to me on that day). I have been too wrapped in other
details of my life to get too concerned. Well I hadn't heard anything so
after I got back from Carlisle, with a new set of wheels, I sent another
email asking what was up and could I get my money back or whatever we
could do to make this right. I still have yet to hear back from them. I
am a little hesitant to "out" them on this list until I get a reply. But
if I do not hear soon I will let all know whom this is and go from there.

Thanks for listening.

Larry
PS I am Blind copying (BCC) this to the party in question. I added this
note to let them know I have not added their email address to the general
population.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up