TD Radiator Support

To: mg-t <mg-t@autox.team.net>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TD Radiator Support
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 16:54:08 -0700
Help, please?

     I'm befuddled, but that's not unusual.  The support member that the
radiator mounts to in a TD can be installed in either of two orientations.  It
is almost symmetric however, the radiator mounting holes are slightly offset in
the fore-and-aft direction.  Another way of looking at it is that the two
flanges with the hole for the crank are quite different in size.  One is a broad
flange that tapers uniformly toward the center, the other is a narrower flange.

     Can anyone tell me for certain which way the support should me installed.
Should the narrow flange be toward the engine or toward the bumper?  An 'expert'
told me that mine was reversed (narrow flange toward bumper).  Today I got a
look at another TD and saw that it was the exact same way.  TIA.

Bud Krueger
52TD
77MGB