Re: TD Radiator Support

To: David C Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Subject: Re: TD Radiator Support
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 18:56:51 -0700
Hi David, et. al.,

      The following is cut and pasted from a response from Dave DuBois.  Perhaps
it's what you would have found in the UKBBS Archive.
Bud,
    I think that everyone who has ever restored a TD has run into your dilemma,
however, you have the support in correctly - the narrow flange forward or toward

the bumper.  Below is a quote from the BBS archive regarding the support:
"I just happen to have the radiator off of my car now. Regarding the front and
back of the radiator mount: The front has a rounded curve with an approximately
1 1/2" radius around the crank hole whereas the back is a longer sweep without
much curve.. I don't know how clear that is. However, the best way to tell which

was the bracket goes is to look at the two holes where the studs from the
radiator drop through. these holes are closer to the rear (toward the fire wall)

than they are to the front. If you put the bracket on backwards your hood won't
fit properly."
Maybe there is no 'Correct' way and the offset was/is used for bonnet fitting.
Thanks for the response.

Bud Krueger
52TD (small flange toward bumper)