Re: RB Weight - was Re: RB Mods

To: danray@bluegrass.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RB Weight - was Re: RB Mods
From: P86turismo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 00:26:46 EDT
How much do they weigh?  Too much!  A friend and i were going to fake a
picture of a man, lying under an MGB with the rubber safety bumper lying
across his chest, obviously fallen off because he removed it to paint the
car.  Two paramedics would be standing nearby with a bemused look on their
faces.  The caption:  "British Leyland said these new bumpers would SAVE
lives."

Seriously, same friend and I were going to concoct a wooden and metal frame
that would bolt to the bumper brackets and have carefully positioned parts
that supported nothing but the original urethane nosepiece.  Of course, that
never happened.  But, it would be a cheap way of lowering the weight of the
car and reducing it's safety rating, if someone was interested in a project
that didn't involve fiberglas.

Mike Lishego
1974 MGB (Home of the two-headed alternator plug)
1986 Plymouth Turismo (Home of a mouse)