Re: Success Stories (a little long)

To: ninab@scoresheet.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Success Stories (a little long)
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 10:28:47 EDT
ninab@scoresheet.com writes:

<< Yea!!!  Working at it slowly and carefully, I finally got
 it free, and so I replaced the drain plug and filled the rear axle.  I'm
 happy to say that the car is now back on the road, complete with new 3/8"
 hex differential drain and fill plugs.  They've changed them.  Guess it
 will save me from having to buy or make a 7/16th adapter the next time I
 attempt this project.  But it sure made me feel good to accomplish
 something. >>

Congratulations, Nina.  You are right, nothing ever goes as planned.  The
learning curve you spoke of actually has nothing to do with learning about
being an auto mechanic...it is all about learning that nothing ever goes as
planned.  You always have to allow three times as long as you expect the job
to take.  You have to learn how to avoid getting into the "while I have it
apart, I'll do this or that..." trap.  That is a sure way to stretch out the
length of a job.

Just keep focused on each job, one at a time.  Learn something new each time.
 If you look at the big picture you may get discouraged.  And remember, you
don't own the car, the car...  (Ssshhhhh, it may be listening!)

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport