Re: Title and Bill of Sale

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Title and Bill of Sale
From: "Jason Suknot" <jsuknot@wwisp.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 09:08:32 -0500
I am not sure about the laws on a car leaving the state of Alabama, but when
I moved here over a year ago I had a heck of a time getting my car moved in
to the state. I had to have the title from the previous state, a bill of
sale, previous state registration, and the car had to be inspected. When I
purchased a second car and imported it to Alabama I had just as much
trouble, they would not issue a temporary registration so I could drive the
car in from out of state. I had to drive the car in to Alabama with no tags
and pray I did not get pulled over.
Again I am not sure about the laws on taking a car out of AL to another
state but AL is definitely not a no Title state on the inbound side of
things. For reference these cars were a 1987 and 1991 model.

Jay