front end rebuild

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: front end rebuild
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 22:20:01 EDT
You may recall that my trusty GT suffered a front-end meltdown after
Carlisle -
Turned out to be a whole jumble of things all at once
1)both springs shot
2)both spring pans rusted through - literally holes in them!
3)both sway bar ends shot
4)front wishbones shot
Fortunately I had all the parts lying about apart from the springs which
Moss had there in 24 hours and the whole process was not too expensive
(thanks Alex!) however, since the front of the car is now at standard
ride height the car looks like theres about 800lbs in the back! (Bob
Allen, Dr doug and Jim Brucato would be my guess!) so i guess rear
springs can go on the list for sometime later! -
drives well though and if i can ever get this f*****g clutch bled
properly......

mike robson
69 roadster