Re: MG motor info

To: <ScotieMac@aol.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG motor info
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 18:40:28 -0700
Hmmm... well, in that case it should have the code U instead of WE (and
since the code WE wasn't even in use during 3-main engine production, I
don't see how it could be a 3-main engine). Why don't you just pull the
oil pan and find out? All it costs is a gasket. Or, as someone else
suggests, compare the spline shaft or rear engine plate (if it has one).
Or look for the mechanical tach drive takeoff (3-main engines only).

Still dubious,
Max

ScotieMac@aol.com had this to say:

--