Re: LH-type overdrive won't release

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LH-type overdrive won't release
From: Tom McLaughlin <tmcl98@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 08:02:41 -0700 (PDT)
--- Ericsmgs@aol.com wrote:
> The correct oil for the overdrive is 30W.  20W-50
> can create too much
> pressure and result in some very unsightly internal
> damage.

Hmmmmm....I thought the manual recommended 20W-50.  Back when I was
repairing mine, I asked the list and most told me put 20W-50 in it.
I've had no problems, but, then again, I've only had the car for 3
years.  Perhaps I should change to 30W the next time.  Any comments
from others...

By the way, on the original post, my LH overdrive engages immediately.
Sometimes it disengages immediately, sometimes I have to goose the gas
and then it falls out.  I normally have to do this when it has been in
for more than a few miles.  It has always done this.  Other than that,
it runs great.

Tom
77B