Re: transmission oil

To: mgrepairs@yahoo.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: transmission oil
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 11:15:53 EDT
In a message dated 7/2/99 10:04:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mgrepairs@yahoo.com writes:

<<  manual calls for the same weight oil as used in the engine, such as
 10W40.  Others say it must be 30W.  Others suggest 20W50, if there is a
 problem.  I have even seen suggestions involving diffential oil
 (80/90).

Terry,
     again, I have a 1974 O/D tranny..the PO had some kind of hypoid oil in
the gearbox..it shifted into o/d like a tired dog getting up off of a porch.
It jerked and grabbed.
     After I installed Valvoline 20w-50 in the gear box, the o/d slips into
engagement ver smoothly. it also disengages very smoothly..without use of the
clutch.
yours, H4(Howard)