Dragging starter - missing earth strap on 57 'A'

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dragging starter - missing earth strap on 57 'A'
From: "Pleczko, Rick" <Rick.Pleczko@MissionCritical.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 23:47:34 -0500
Thanks to all who responded about my question about replacing the windshield
on my 57A. The job is to be tackled next weekend with 2 * 6 packs to hand
(thanks Barney).

Now for the next question

In trying to figure out why she is slow to start I looked to see if the
earth strap from the engine to the chassis was connecting badly.

I found that it wasn't connecting at all, in fact I can't seem to find one.
Can anybody enlighten me and tell me where the strap is supposed to be just
in case I am hallucinating or the strap is painted with some kind of super
stealth paint.

Cheers, Rick

Rick Pleczko
Vice President, Product Management