FW: continued electrical woes

To: "Mg List (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: continued electrical woes
From: "Alan Lott" <lottala@mail.auburn.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 16:41:37 -0500
Ok, here I am stuck at school. My 71B has been doing the same thing for
about 3 days now. It cranks perfectly (good strong battery) on one attempt,
then will not crank at all on the next ... "click, click, click". Its been
sitting since 7:30 am this morning, so its not necessarily after it heats
up. I pulled the cover and checked the battery after a few "click, click,
clicks" and in checking the terminals, the positive terminal was incredibly
hot (temperature) after trying to crank the car. Does this mean a short? How
can it be that it exhibits "dead battery" symptoms and then an hour later
cranks like a new car? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

~alan
'71B