RE: Clutch gone. (?)

To: "Mg List (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Clutch gone. (?)
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 21:19:36 -0700
Hmmm, my local shop and Moss dealer told me that they had had so many
problems with the roller throwout bearings that they were recommending
against them. They also recommended against the "heavy duty" clutch kits
for the same reason.

The problem with pulling the engine without the transmission is getting
it realigned to go back in, when everything's hard to see and get at in
and under the car. It can be difficult enough to get the shaft aligned
when the engine and transmission are sitting out where you can see 'em.
Some of the bell housing bolts could be tough to get at, too, I would
think, but I haven't tried it.

My 2¢, YMMV, etc.

Andrew B. Lundgren had this to say:

--