RE: Parking Brake

To: "Ross Overcash" <jroverca@tiac.net>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Parking Brake
From: Joe Short <buster_balz@operamail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 08:55:08 -0400
There's good news and bad news. The good news is this too can be easily
repaired. The bad news is the seat has to come out. My car was exacttly the
same way. I remove the brake handle and completely disassembled it. It was
rusted together and eventually wouldn't move at all. I used some emery paper
to sand the rust off all of the frozen parts, and then some brake cleaner to
clean up the mess. Then I coated everything liberally with bearing grease,
reassembled it, reinstalled it and packed all in mmore grease. It works like a
dream. Now if I can just resolve one more issue, I'll be driving again.
BTW, removing the seat is easy. Just 4  7/16 inch bolts and your done.

Joe
'75 B Roadster

P.S. I'm in Framingham. Nice to see other Bay Staters out there...