RE: Silly Question (Front Springs)

To: "Matt Pringle" <pringlmm@mcmaster.ca>
Subject: RE: Silly Question (Front Springs)
From: "Jason Dutt" <jason@markerman.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 12:59:16 -0400
I'm not sure.  I do know that stretching springs from their mfg'd height
changes all kinds of variables as far as spring rate through the compression
range, etc.  I'd like to hear what some others on the list have to say about
this.  At this point, I'm willing to try just about anything.  Front springs
aren't a lot of $, and we already know the ones I have aren't right anyway.
No big loss if it doesn't work.

The key variable in knowing whether this would even work is the number of
free coils on the spring.  If the springs I have match up to the spec of the
Bentley manual, then it just might work.  I already know the wire diameter
is correct...I measured it.

=J=