Re: MGB's & Miles

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB's & Miles
From: Tomsjetta@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 14:55:00 EDT
Well, I think I've received the list's "official" standing on these cars and
what we see on the odometer, and I found your answers encouraging.

There is one MGB in my area that has caught my eye. It's a 1980, has 80k
miles and is a two owner car. New brakes, new exhaust, always garaged, nearly
all original, paint on hood was resprayed not too long ago. I'm told the
first owner picked up the car in Abingdon himself, and he has the plates,
papers, and the car's entire history to prove it. I like what I'm hearing.

There is one small detail that I could use your help on. I am told this car
was put in the garage in October, '98, and has sat there since. Car is still
registered and insured. The owner did take it out for a quick spin recently,
and told me that it statred right up, but he found the car difficult to
shift. Is this something serious, or something that will work itself out once
the car gets good and warmed up? Also, since the car was dormant for a few
months, is there anything I should be looking for in addition to the routine
stuff?

Thanks in advance,

Tom