Re: OT! - Scholastic Letter of Recommendation

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OT! - Scholastic Letter of Recommendation
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 19:49:28 -0400 (EDT)
Dan,

You forget that military format stuff tends to impress civilians! Letters
of recommendation are usually just a formality anyway, unless they're
really good (i.e. from a US Senator or a major donor to the school) or
really bad ("I remember when Captain Ray used my poor cat Toto for a wheel
chock under his MG and laughed every minute...") And then it wouldn't
exactly be a recommendation. I would use the mil format anyway, as they
probably expect it from a Colonel, and in a distance ed program, they
probably see it all the time.

Nevin
('78 B, and for those wondering, no, I'm not just hanging around the list
and letting the MG rot...I should be getting my new arc welder in the mail
soon, which is necessary for the next step...)