Re: OT! - Scholastic Letter of Recommendation

To: dresden@tiac.net
Subject: Re: OT! - Scholastic Letter of Recommendation
From: Mike Razor <mrazor@kih.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 08:46:05 -0400
Dan,
As an executive officer, I had to write and proof countless thousands of these
letters.  (the net is great, nobody nit picks at spelling and grammar)  I can
tell you that the letterhead and signature block are the first thing that the
reader will see.  If time permits the body of the letter is then read, kind of
like an OER.  This is not to say that what is in the body of the letter is not
important.
I tend to agree that the military format is impressive, but which format?  The
reader will also expect the writer to use a format familiar to the writer.
Also, be careful, there are still some around who dislike the military.
I remember when the big shots found out we could redo documents on the
computer, they went wild with changes and then each demanded his own form of
perfection.
MG MG MG MG MG MG MG MG MG MG MG MG MG MG
Broke an axle in my TD and could not get the nut (32 mil) off the end of the
half shaft.  Put a socket on it and then stood on the ratchet handle (you have
seen me Dan and that is a lot of weight).  This nut is not going to bust
loose!  I gave up and hauled the old gal out to a local garage that was willing
to take a shot at putting the half shaft in.  Removing and replacing it looks
pretty easy and straight forward and they can get an impact wrench on it.  If
that fails they may be able to put a little heat to it.
MGC brakes are in pretty good shape, except now I am getting some black stuff
in the  MC.  My guess is that a brake hose is giving up the ghost.  I have the
replacement hoses, just have not had time to get them on.
My MGA, old faithful is still running, but she is starting to show some signs
of needing a major rebuild.
Good luck with the Masters program.
MIKE R