Re: clutch (longish)

To: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Subject: Re: clutch (longish)
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 06:51:05 -0400
Carl,

Replace the flexible hose.  The most likely explanation for the symptoms
you describe is an internal failure in this hose, whereby it acts as a
"one-way" valve, allowing fluid to pass from the master cylinder to the
slave cylinder, but not in the return direction.  This tends to hold the
clutch mechanism in the "depressed" position until the fluid can bleed
back to the master cylinder through the obstruction in the hose.

This fault in the hose does not necessarily reveal itself by external
bulges - it's more of an internal thing.

Bill