Re: clutch (longish)

To: cfrench@cybertours.com
Subject: Re: clutch (longish)
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 07:01:42 EDT
Carl,
  This may be as simple as the hose coming apart internally.   If the
inner lining comes adrift, it can flip over and block fluid flow. This
could be happening to you in release mode, and your clutch leg is strong
enough to force fluid the other way.  Something similar happened to me
with my '72 GT.
  BTW, since I was replacing the clutch hose, it seemed sensible to
replace brake hoses too.  Rear brake hose appeared perfect, black and
reasonably clean and good for some time. It broke in my fingers.
  If you are unsure of the age of the other hoses, you might replace them
all.
Bob